Ulekdubs Gift Shop - Woven Crafts
Traditionally, weaving has been an integral part of Palauan culture, being the main means of producing everything from mats to baskets to clothing and fish traps.
Now it is common to see a woven tet, which is a basket specifically used for carrying buuch (betel nut), aus (crushed limestone), kebui (pepper leaf)
and/or "dekool" (cigarettes/tobacco) for the preparation of an chemachel (chew). Other woven items include purses, bags, and floor mats, all available here.
The Gift Shop also offers accessories for tet, such as kebui and "dekool" holders. Palau is well known for the finely crafted storyboards.
If you're interested in these or any other of Ulekdubs' items, please don't hesitate to
we'll be happy to assist you.
Gift Shop Items
- Clothing & Apparel (i.e., t-shirts, sarongs, etc.)
- Jewelry (i.e., coral, shell, coconut, etc.)
- Music CDs/Cassettes
- Cards, Postcards, and Posters
- Wood Carved Crafts (i.e., storyboards, etc.)
- Woven Crafts (i.e., purses, etc.)